Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Today easily could have been a terrible horrible no good very bad day, and I am so so proud of myself for being optimistic and handling it well. 

I got in a car accident this morning. 

This was the first accident I've ever been in, so I was pretty scared. I was rear ended by another driver who couldn't stop because of the snow. No one was hurt, thank goodness. But this is a pretty big inconvenience. 

I finally got to work an hour and a half late. My coworkers at my new job are so awesome. They were so concerned about me and making sure I was doing ok. Part way through the day, one of my coworkers had a lightbulb moment (you know that look people get when all of a sudden they remember something or figure something out) where she remembered she'd brought me a treat! See, Monday I was craving chocolate so bad that I mentioned it more than one time. She remembered that, so she brought me chocolate covered pretzels today! Yum! She didn't even know I would be having such a tough morning, but that treat definitely helped. But you know what else? My supervisor also brought chocolate to share today! I'm telling you, my coworkers are the best!


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment