Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Today was probably the best day I've had so far this month. That isn't an exaggeration, either. January has been hard.

I slept in a little this morning because today is my day off. I ate homemade bread with homemade jam for breakfast. While I was eating, I sent a quick Facebook message to my aunt in California and asked if I could come visit for a few days. Of course, she said yes! I've been thinking for a while now that I need a vacation--a real vacation where I go somewhere besides my parents house--and I think this will be the perfect thing. I can't wait for my little trip!

I spent the majority of the day working some more on Loveduck's Valentine's care package. Sometimes it feels good to be crafty!

Dad called me during his lunch. I love it when he calls to check on me like that.

About lunchtime, I got an e-mail from Loveduck! It scared me at first because in the subject line, she put "I'm on! 911!!! If you're on please answer!" which made me think something bad had happened. Turns out she was just being dramatic to get my attention :). Mission accomplished. We e-mailed back and forth for about half an hour.

I had time to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! this evening. With my new job, I usually only get to watch twice a week, which is a bummer.

Then, as I was getting ready for bed, Charwhal called me! We haven't seen each other for a few weeks now. It was good to catch up with her.

The picture is of some of the valentines I made for Loveduck. They are Twinkies made to look like minions from the movie Despicable Me. I made one for Loveduck and some for her companions and some for my younger siblings. And the little pink/red stones are magnets.


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment