Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I awoke at an ungodly hour this morning and immediately knew I was sick. Bummer. But I'm the type to ignore those hunches until being sick is much too much to bear, so I tossed and turned in my bed for a few more hours until it was time to get out of bed and rush to work. I was super sluggish, so there was no rushing, except the speeding on the freeway. But I somehow made it to work in time. I struggled through half my ten hour shift, but alas this unfortunate physical ailment got the best if me and I asked to leave early. 

You know I'm sick if I ask to go home early from work. But even more so, you know I'm sick if I'm wearing pajamas during the day. 

Which is what I did. 

I hate being sick. I hate that my mind continuously reminds me of all the things I think I need to get done, but my body somehow refuses and thus lays useless and exhausted on the couch for hours. 

But I still managed to find a happy thing for today. If that's not proof that there's something everyday to be happy about or feel gratitude for, I don't know what is. 

I've been reading John Green's novel "The Fault in Our Stars" this weekish. I finished it today during my residency on the couch. I really enjoyed it. I've been reading books on my phone lately, so here's a screenshot of the title page. 


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment