Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The movie Frozen was released today on DVD! I saw it while I was running a few errands this afternoon and bought myself a copy! I even tried to buy one for Littlest Sister, but the cashier said he was only allowed to sell me one. Something about movie rental companies buying too many blah blah blah. (Littlest Sister's birthday is coming and that's what I plan to give her, so hear ye, hear ye, those who are planning a gift for her, I claimed it first!)

I feel this need to voice an opinion on the movie, simply because of the recent hubbub on social media and in the blogosphere about the intended message(s) of the story. The way I see it is you see what you are looking for in any movie you watch or song you listen to or picture you scrutinize. If you are looking for something horrifyingly inappropriate, it's going to be there. But if you are looking for something beautiful and positive, you are just as likely to find it, especially in a movie made for children. (See the very end if this post. And every post in this project.)

That being said, the overall messages I took from the storyline of Frozen are twofold: First, you have to believe in yourself and your abilities, otherwise personal growth is almost impossible. Know your limitations, but don't let them hold you back. 

Second, relying on your family is of the utmost importance, especially your sisters!

Which is why I intend to give Littlest Sister her own copy for her birthday. I'm pretty sure she won't comprehend these ideas just yet; to her, Frozen is a really awesome movie with pretty princesses and a funny snowman and lots of memorable music. But someday she'll understand why I believe so strongly in the moral of the story. 


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment