Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'm gonna be a bit vulnerable here. 

See, I'm pretty germophobic. I'm pretty sure I worry about germs a lot more than the average person. 

This evening, one of my roommates attended Institute and was thoughtful enough to bring me some of the refreshments--Costco muffins, which I actually really like. When she came to my room to give me half of a delightful chocolate muffinshe explained that she'd been careful to cut it with a clean knife, and she used a clean napkin to carry it and she made sure she didn't touch it. Etc.

In all honesty, I was pretty surprised by all the lengths she'd gone to to bring me this sanitary muffin. And I had mixed feelings about what she said--all the germophobe things I worry about that she addressed--and I felt embarrassed that all that is a thing for me. 

But the more I thought about it, the more gratitude I felt towards her. Most people don't get it when I explain my anxieties about dirty things. But she went to the trouble to not only think to bring me a Costco muffin, but also to "prepare it" so I wouldn't be nervous about eating it. Wow. That made my day! 

But there's no picture of the muffin. Which was delicious. 

Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment