Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Today was a day set aside for working on my to-do list, and most of those things weren't very exciting but it looks like I'm going to talk about them anyway. 

Since I didn't sleep well last night, and today is my free day this week, I decided to take my time getting ready. My dad called during his lunch break (which is kind of ironic given I'd only just eaten my breakfast-ish). I love it when he calls me! Usually he just asks how I'm doing and what my plans are for the day, then says he'd better go. But even though the phone calls only last a few quick minutes, that's what I look forward to the most on my days off!

I went to get my hair trimmed during the early afternoon. I asked for the usual--just clean up the ends and the layers--but she must have gotten a little scissor happy cause my hair is a lot shorter! I almost cried. 

I popped in to the grocery store on my way home to pick up ingredients to make dinner. I wanted to try a new recipe. 

I read part of the first chapter in one of my textbooks. I knew it would be hard to get back in to the routine of being a student again so I'm trying to not be discouraged that I could only pay attention through half a chapter. I'll have to think of some reward system or something. 

Tried a new recipe. I haven't been able to cook for about a week, mostly cause I was sickly, so it was nice to spend some time in the kitchen again. But I didn't love the recipe which was a bummer. 

I was able to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I haven't been able to watch for a week!

That's it. Here's a picture of my dinner. It's Spicy Thai Noodles. But I don't recommend them... So the happy part is that I got to cook today. 


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment