Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When I got home from work today I had a package waiting for me which was a surprise. It was from my mom. She was sending me my favorite candy and also a note that said "remember you're loved," which seems to be her signature phrase. She frequently signs notes and emails using "remember you're loved" or RYL, which is something I don't think I really understood until recently, let alone appreciated. Every once in a while, when those hard times come up and I just feel sad and alone, my mom will send a note, of course signing it with "remember you're loved," and it'll remind me that I haven't been forgotten; my family is there for me and loves me, even though we don't see each other very often anymore. Somehow that makes it a little more ok. 


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment