Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14, 2014

I have a case of the Mondays today. It's been a difficult day for me. But I still found something to smile about: this blue sweater. My mom gave this sweater to me for Christmas when I was a freshman in high school, believe it or not. I love it! This color looks really good on me and somehow it doesn't look worn out at all. Well, the sleeves are a little stretched out... Anyway, a few months ago I wore the sweater to work and one of the buttons came off the sleeve. I was so sad! And, I knew I wouldn't be seeing my mother for quite some time, so I didn't know how I'd get the button sewn back on. Somehow, with all the years of sewing lessons from my grandmother when I was young, I couldn't remember how to sew a button. (But I do know how to make amazing bread, and she helped teach me that, too, so maybe that makes up for it?) The sweater hung in my closet for a few months, taunting me every morning as I got dressed. A few weeks ago, I finally sat down and watched a YouTube video on how to sew a button. Surprise. It's not that hard. Who knew? So, I had my favorite sweater back just in time for the weather to turn warm. I had just gotten used to the idea that I wouldn't have need to wear it until next year, and wouldn't you know, the weather suddenly got cold! So I got to wear my blue sweater today!

Oh look! Another awkward headless mirror selfie...


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment