Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Would you judge me too much if I said today's happy thing is YouTube? Cause it is.

YouTube--in moderation--can bring much laughter and enjoyment. I subscribe to a few YouTube channels and always look forward to new videos. There have been new videos on three of those channels just in the past 24 hours!

I subscribe to Coldplay's channel, of course. Remember how they're my favorite? So, today, they posted a video that's basically just the audio for one of the songs that will be on the new album to release in May (20 days from today!) (Speaking of Coldplay, have you heard about the brilliant way they're releasing lyrics for songs on the new album? They've hidden them in books all over the world for people to find. They're giving clues via Twitter to help people find them. Genius!)

I also subscribe to vlogbrothers, which is a channel where two brothers, Hank and John, make videos for each other. John posts on Tuesdays and Hank posts on Fridays. They usually talk about some interesting fact or topic. I love all their traditions, like "Good morning Hank, it's Tuesday" at the beginning of John's videos, or DFTBA which is "Don't forget to be awesome," or "I'll see you on Friday." Also, John happens to be the author of "The Fault in Our Stars," which I recently read.

And, Olan Rogers. Olan Rogers occasionally posts videos of him narrating funny stories, generally things that have happened to him... with embellishments. He is hilarious! Yesterday, he posted a story about a package delivery, which was somewhat coincidental, since I am waiting for a package right now (that story got a little inappropriate, unfortunately. Uncharacteristic of Olan.) My favorites by Olan Rogers are "Ghost in the Stalls" and "Death is a Quiet Wave." My friends and I frequently quote those.

Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment