Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I could feel my creative juices flowing all day today! I've been trying to figure out some DIY decorating projects for my living room, and I got a few more ideas for that. I wrote a paper that probably had too many creative details, given it was for school. I made banana muffins cause I wanted to. Then, instead of reading my textbook, I made this adorable little origami book! It's a little uneven around the edges, but that's just cause it's my first try. (Huh. That's kind of what's called self-handicapping. Which I learned about in my textbook today! It's basically using an imperfection as an excuse for not meeting expectations. Usually before the event occurs, but still... For example, let's say your best friend wants you to run a race with her. You aren't in shape like you were in high school, so you know you wouldn't make it through a 5k. But you don't want to disappoint her so you agree to it. At the end of the race, when the two of you cross the finish line with the last few participants, you shrug and say 'I couldn't have won anyway; I'm out of shape!' So, my excuse about the little book--it's imperfect cause I'm   inexperienced--is self-handicapping.)

Oh yeah, here's the little book:


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment