Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When my parents came to visit last weekend, they brought plenty of produce from the garden for me to enjoy. Garden produce is probably the highlight of my summer (except my birthday.) My dad was a farmer when I was growing up, so we always had amazing vegetables during harvest season. Actually, during the summer, our dinners were basically always tomatoes, corn on the cob, bell peppers, squash, and cucumbers. Every once in a while, mom would find bacon on sale and we'd have BLT sandwiches. Since I moved away, it's been sad to not have that every summer. Produce from your own garden is a million times better from the produce found in an average grocery store. It's been so nice to have all those vegetables in my fridge this week. 
Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment