Friday, August 23, 2013

Thursday, August 22, 2013

This evening, I spent some time in the Fine Arts building of the university by which I live. I found a practice room and played the piano for a little over an hour. I find that I'm pretty out of practice lately, just because I don't have a piano in my apartment, let alone in my apartment complex, so opportunities to play are few and far between. I think it's one of those skills that is like riding a bike--you can remember how it's done, but you have to put in the time to get back to the skill level you were before. But when I was playing tonight, it didn't feel that difficult. After an hour, I realized I was playing well and it wasn't too labored. Playing felt comfortable, which is how it should be. 
Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment