Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday, August 5, 2013

One day last week, I was really craving lasagna. Given my overloaded work schedule, today was the first day I had a chance to make a nice dinner. It was so rewarding to pull the lasagna out of the oven. It smelled so good and looked fantastic! My mom didn't make lasagna much when I was growing up. I never quite understood why, until I became an adult and lived on my own. Lasagna isn't cheap, and it takes lots of time. But I'm definitely ok with taking time to make a fabulous meal. The kitchen is my sanctuary. I felt happy when I plated this delectable meal--homemade lasagna, a simple side salad, and garlic toast made from the bread I made Saturday. 
Life is beautiful, especially if you are looking for the beautiful things that happen each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment