Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday, May 26, 2014

Because today is Memorial Day, I decided to go on an adventure to a cemetery a few towns over because I knew I had some ancestors there. After some internet searching, I figured out their names and exactly which plot they are in. When I arrived at the cemetery, it took me about 45 minutes to actually find the plot. Maps are hard, ok? But I found it!



There are eight headstones around this large one.


Sarah E Whiting is my great great great grandmother. She was married to Warren S Snow, who practiced polygamy. He's buried somewhere else.


Edwin M Snow was Sarah Whiting and Warren Snow's son, and he was my great great grandfather.


Frances E Perry was married to Edwin M Snow, and she was my great great grandmother.


Ruby Snow was Edwin and Frances's oldest daughter, and she was my great grandmother.


Jesse B Warren was Ruby Snow's first husband. They were only married for about nine years, then he became sick and died. 



Peter Jensen (his full name was Hans Peter Jensen, but he went by Peter) was Ruby's second husband, and my great grandfather.


Edwin Snow Jr was Ruby Snow's younger brother.


Reed Perry Snow was Ruby Snow's youngest brother. He only lived for a week.

That was a pretty neat adventure!

Also, today's post is the 300th post in this project! (If my calendar math is right...) I am so incredibly proud and amazed at this accomplishment!

Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day.

1 comment:

  1. So, you should upload these onto Family Search and/or Billion Graves because the some of the ones on Billion Graves are kind of pathetic. The one for Edwin Marion Snow is so reflective you can't see any words.

    ReplyDelete