Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for and so many things to be happy about today!  I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner today, and everything was perfect! My family came to visit, so there were only six of us. 

My thoughtful aunt in California sent us all special gifts to open "after the dishes were done." She sent me this cute Christmas apron. I pretty much wore it for the rest of the afternoon, even though we were done cooking! It was packaged in these really fun Russian-nesting-doll style houses (a big one with a smaller one inside a smaller one inside a smaller one.) I thought those were so fun! So I displayed the on the shelves in my living room. 

A few days ago, I asked my mom if she still had an extra artificial Christmas tree, wondering if I could use it for the season. Turns out she got rid of it. But today, my family surprised me with this fun little tree and ornaments and a tree skirt! I was so excited!  See, when you are a single adult like me, you don't spend lots of holiday time at home, so there's no tree to enjoy. I'm pretty sentimental so I miss that. But now I have a tree in my apartment! I love that!

We watched the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning. I just remember watching that when I was little, but since my parents done have tv anymore, my younger siblings hadn't really ever seen it. I hope they enjoyed that. 


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment