Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I grew up on a farm. That surprises a lot of people. But I am so grateful for the experiences I had growing up. I have so many fond memories of being with my dad on the tractors or irrigating the fields. I remember when harvest time came, my dad used to bring me and my sister in the big trucks to take the seed to the plant. We always got root beer and candy. I think the best part about growing up on a farm was that my dad was sort of a stay at home dad, especially in the winter. Most kids don't get two stay at home parents!

So anyway, there's a lot of farm land around where I work. I noticed on my way home this afternoon that they have started to bale hey and harvest corn. A little nostalgic for me. (PS I wasn't driving when I took the picture... I pulled over.)


Life is beautiful, especially when you are looking for the beautiful things that happen every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment